The Media Library widget allows users to upload, view, and manage the media content stored on the server. It can be added by selecting Window > Media Library from the main menu.
Media Library View
The Media Library view: 1 – the folders tree, 2 – the content area, 3 – Media Library information and controls bar.
The Media folder is the default root folder and cannot be deleted. All new folders are created within the Media folder.
Media Library Controls
- The Interrupt button stops the uploading/converting process.
- The Uploading progress bar displays the percentage of media items uploaded to the server and the number of files already uploaded / total number of files being uploaded.
- The Converting progress bar displays the conversion percentage for each media file.
- The media item Search box.
- Disk Space Usage Information displays used space / the total capacity of the server hard drive.
- The Thumbnail Size Sliders adjust the scale and width of the media file thumbnails.
- The Refresh button refreshes the content displayed in the Media Library.
Adding Media Library Folders
To add a folder:
- Click the Create Folder button at the bottom of the folders tree area, or right-click in a folder contents area and select Add Folder in the drop-down menu.
- Enter the folder name and click the OK button.
Deleting Media Library Folders
To delete a folder, right-click on the folder name or in a folder contents area and select Remove Folder in the drop-down menu, or click on the Delete button .
Renaming Media Library Folders
To rename a folder:
- Right-click on the folder name and select Rename Folder in the drop-down menu.
- Enter a new folder name and click the OK button.
Arranging Media Library Folders
To arrange folders, drag and drop folder names in the folders tree area.
Adding Media Files
To add media files to the server, do one of the following:
- select a Media Library folder and press the Add Media button at the bottom of the folders tree area, or
- drag and drop file(s) into an existing Media Library folder, or
- drag and drop file(s) into the playlist of an existing Media Player window.
In the opened Add Media File(s) dialog box, resize or change the quality of media item(s) if needed, then press the Add button.
If media files with the same name already exist, the user will be given the option to add new media files or overwrite existing ones.
List of currently supported file formats:
|Video||mov, avi, mp4, flv, mkv, vob, ogv, wmv, mpg, m2v, 3gp, m4v, ts, gif, m2t, m2ts, mxf|
|Image||jpg, tga, png, bmp, tif|
|Audio||wav, mp3, aif, wma, ogg, ac3, aac, m4a, flac, ape|
|Internal formats||RVA, EDVA, EDV, EDVI, ERVA, license|
If multiple files are uploaded and/or converted at once and the process is aborted by pressing the Interrupt button, the files that have been uploaded but not converted will be automatically removed from the server while those that have already been uploaded and converted will be added to the Media Library.
Uploaded files are converted into the native Screenberry container format *.rva.
If the media files were uploaded directly to Screenberry Server (i.e. by using a shared folder or FTP), press the Refresh button to reveal them in the Media Library view.
Deleting Media Items
To delete media item(s), right-click the media item (selection of media items) in a folder contents area and select Remove Item from Media Library or press Shift + Del.
Arranging Media Items
If the Media folder in the Media Library is selected, the contents of all folders will be displayed, and media items can be dragged and dropped between folders.
Searching Media Items
To search for specific media items, type any part of the name in the Media Library search box. As a result, only the media items with names or user-defined labels matching the search criteria will be displayed in the contents area. If the Media folder is selected, the search will be performed in all folders.