The Media Library, located in the Media Player tab of the Screenberry Panel, allows users to view, upload and manage the media content stored on the server.
Media Library View
The Media Library view: 1 – the folders tree, 2 – the content area, 3 – Media Library controls.
The Media folder is the default root folder and cannot be deleted. All new folders are created within the Media folder.
Media Library Controls
- Interrupt button stops the uploading/converting process.
- Uploading status bar displays the progress of media item(s) uploaded to the server as a completion percentage and the number of files already uploaded / the total number of files being uploaded.
- Converting status bar shows a completion percentage of the progress of media file conversion.
- The media item Search box.
- Disk Space Usage Information displays used space / the total capacity of the server hard drive.
- Thumbnail Size Sliders adjust the scale and width of the media file thumbnails.
- Refresh button refreshes the content displayed in the Media Library.
Adding Media Library Folders
To add a folder
- Click the Create Folder button at the bottom of the folders tree area, or right-click in a folder contents area and select Add Folder in the drop-down menu.
- Enter the folder name.
- Click OK.
Deleting Media Library Folders
To delete a folder, right-click on the folder name or in a folder contents area and select Remove Folder in the drop-down menu.
Renaming Media Library Folders
To rename a folder
- Right-click on the folder name and select Rename Folder in the drop-down menu.
- Enter a new folder name.
- Click OK.
Arranging Media Library Folders
Drag and drop folder names in the folders tree area to change their order.
Adding Media Files
To add media files to the server:
- select a Media Library folder and press the Add Media button at the bottom of the folders tree area, or
- drag and drop file(s) into an existing Media Library folder, or
- drag and drop file(s) into the playlist of an existing Media Player window.
In the opened Adding File(s) dialog box, resize or change the quality of media item(s) if needed, then press the Add button.
If a media file(s) with the same name already exists, the user will be given the option to add new media file(s) or overwrite existing one(s).
List of currently supported file formats:
|Video||mov, avi, mp4, flv, mkv, vob, ogv, wmv, mpg, m2v, 3gp, m4v, ts, gif, m2t, m2ts, mxf|
|Image||jpg, tga, png, bmp, tif|
|Audio||wav, mp3, aif, wma, ogg, ac3, aac, m4a, flac, ape|
|Internal formats||RVA, EDVA, EDV, EDVI, ERVA, license|
If any uploading and/or converting processes involving multiple files is aborted by pressing the Interrupt button, the files that have been uploaded but not converted will be removed from the server automatically, and those that have already been uploaded and converted will be added to the Media Library
Uploaded files are converted to the native Screenberry container format *.rva.
If the media files were uploaded directly to Screenberry Server (i.e. by using a shared folder or FTP), press the Refresh button to reveal them in the Media Library view.
Deleting Media Items
To delete media item(s) right-click on the media item thumbnail (selected thumbnails) in a folder contents area and select Remove Item from Media Library or press Shift+Del.
Searching Media Items
Typing in the Media Library search box will select the media items in the current folder with names or user-defined labels matching the search criteria. If the Media folder in the Media Library is selected the search will be performed in all folders.